Looking to get a great headset to use with your PlayStation 4, but don’t want to put up the cash for a premium set? No worries! There are plenty of fantastic models that provide great audio quality that won’t destroy your wallet. Today, we’re going to look at some of the best models that fall under the best PS4 headset under $100 category.
Best PS4 Headset Under $100
So you need a headset, but your budget doesn’t allow for a pricey, top-of-the-line PS4 headset… no problem. Believe it or not, you don’t have to spend $200 to get a decent set of headphones.
The models we list below have:
- Superb Game Audio
- Crystal Clear Chat Audio
- Full Compatibility with PS4
- Extremely Comfortable Construction
- Durable Frames That Are Built to Last
- Devilish Good Looks
- Price Points at $100 or Less
In other words… they’re awesome headsets that are fantastic for improving your gaming experience. And they do all of this without breaking the bank.
Let’s jump straight into the list and talk about the best PlayStation 4 headset models for under $100.
PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset
First up is one of our personal favorite PS4 headset models – the PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset. This is easily one of the absolute best set of headphones you’ll ever own.
Equipped with 7.1 virtual surround sound capabilities, thumping bass, crisp highs, and gloriously clear chat audio – this headset truly boasts all of the auditory necessities gamers need to get an edge in competitive titles or just enjoy their time playing with friends.
- A Headset for Gamers: Experience everything from the big booms to whisper-quiet warnings in stunning 7.1 virtual surround sound and chat with friends through the hidden noise cancelling microphone.
- Developed by PlayStation: With the Headset Companion App, download custom game modes created exclusively for PlayStation by developers that are specifically tuned to enhance the audio in your favorite games
- Stylish Comfort: Slip into comfort you can enjoy for hours and a look you can take anywhere. Further customize your look by swapping out the removable faceplates for something more your style.
- Adaptable Audio: Connect wirelessly to your PS4, PS3, and home computer, or connect to your PS Vita system or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable and take your sound with you.
It’s also one of the few headsets for the PlayStation 4 that you can put on, play games for hours, and not have to worry about experiencing any discomfort. The is lightweight, slips on with ease, is a snap to adjust, and is extremely comfortable to wear for hours upon hours of gameplay.
This model is easy to use and works with the PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PC, or any other device that utilizes a 3.5mm audio input.
It comes close to the $100 mark, but it’s worth every penny.
HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset
If you’re looking for a great PlayStation 4 headset that’s more in the mid-range price level you should definitely check out the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset. This is a variation of the incredibly popular HyperX Cloud headset which is discussed further down the page.
Many console gamers have yet to become aware of the HyperX brand – but it’s certainly one you should start considering as synonymous with high quality and great sound.
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
- 50mm directional drivers for Audio precision.
- Hyperx signature Memory foam. Adjustable steel Slider.
- Intuitive Volume control on headset ear cup.
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation Microphone. Multi-platform compatibility.
The Cloud Stinger model is a multi-platform headset that’s compatible not only with the PS4, but also with PC, Xbox One, the Wii U, and more.
The headset itself is probably one of the most comfortable that we’ve ever had the pleasure of testing. It features thick, cloud-like memory foam around the ear cups which gives a really nice, light, and extremely cozy feeling.
The cups are also able to rotate 90 degrees to better accommodate all ear sizes. The band has a steel slider which makes for quick and easy adjustments to fit your head, but also makes for a very sturdy build that can take a beating.
Perhaps the only downside to this headset (which can actually be considered a boon to competitive gamers) is that it’s a wired model. Yes, wires can be pesky, but they also mean ZERO input lag and no having to worry about recharging or finding fresh batteries.
Overall, the HyperX Cloud Stinger is one of our favorite headsets for the PS4 and it’s perfect for gamers that want a quality headset without having to shell out big bucks. It definitely qualifies for the best PS4 headset under $100 category.
Turtle Beach Stealth 520P Gaming Headset
Next up is a model from a brand that practically any gamer can recognize. The Turtle Beach Stealth 520P Gaming Headset is right at the $100 price point and is easily one of the most impressive set of headphones that Turtle Beach has made for the PS4 console.
Specifically designed for PlayStation platforms, the Stealth 520P is a completely wireless gaming headset that offers incredible game and chat audio, unmatched comfort, brilliant surround sound, and much more.
- 100% Wireless - Experience crystal clear, interference-free game and chat audio with 100% wireless connectivity to your PS4 Pro, PS4, and PS3.
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound (available on PS4 Pro and PS4 consoles with optical jack)- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound delivers an amazing, 3D 360-degree soundscapes with unmatched spatial accuracy
- Superhuman Hearing - Gain competitive advantage by hearing every sound around you, like enemies sneaking up on you, weapon reloads before an ambush, and distant vehicles bringing in reinforcements
- Mic Monitoring - Say it...don't shout it, thanks to the ability to hear the volume of your own voice inside the headset to avoid shouting at teammates and other players
- New PS4 Without Optical Jack - Some Stealth 520 features are affected or not available on the new, slimmer PS4 (2016) - Visit Turtle Beach's website for firmware update details
This headset is a great piece of gear for any PlayStation gamer. It works well with the PS4 as well as the PS4 Pro and the older PlayStation 3 console. It’s equipped with DTS 7.1 surround sound, a flexible and quality boom mic, built-in mic volume monitoring, and a whole lot more.
The only drawback to this model is that it’s not fully compatible with the PS4 Slim. It works, but some features may not operate to their full capability. You can learn more about how the Stealth 520P works with the Slim by going here.
If you’re on a standard PS4 or PS4 Pro, however, there’s nothing to worry about. This headset is 100% compatible with these platforms and we highly recommend it.
Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset
The next model on our list of the best PlayStation 4 headsets under $100 we recommend is a general gaming headset from a company that is best known for its PC products. The Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset is one of the most highly-rated and greatly praised headsets on the market today.
A wired set of headphones with glorious 7.1 surround sound, the Logitech G430 has been around a long time and has been proven to be a reliable and fantastic gaming headset.
- DTS Headphone: X and Dolby 7.1 surround sound: Experience an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see
- Built for comfort: Lightweight design and soft sport cloth ear cups with 90-degree swivel for maximum comfort and a personalized fit
- Folding, noise-cancelling boom mic: Reduces background noise for clear voice pick up and rotates up and out of the way
- On-cable sound controls: Volume dial and mute switch are close at hand for quick audio adjustments
- Compatibility: Works with PS4 and Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista computers
The only console it’s currently compatible with is the PlayStation 4. The only other gamers that use this headset on a regular basis are members of the PC master race. And most of them have nothing but words of praise to offer up for the G430.
The headset is lightweight, sports ultra-soft ear cups with the ability to swivel 90 degrees for ultimate comfort, has a folding, noise-cancelling boom mic that cuts out unwanted background noise, and features in-line controls for volume and mute functions.
Logitech may not be the first brand console gamers think of when seeking a headset for their platform, but it’s a brand that has a great reputation for making superb gaming accessories and the Logitech G430 is definitely worthy of being considered as your primary PS4 gaming headset.
And, yes, it falls within the appropriate price range to be considered in your search for the best PS4 headset under $100.
HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset
While the name is somewhat similar, yes, there is a difference between this headset and the Cloud Stinger mentioned above. The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset is the original model that has become a beloved piece of gear to both console and PC gamers alike.
What makes it so great? Umm…where do we even start? While it’s listed last on this page, it’s definitely not because it’s a lesser-quality headset. In fact, it’s been one of our picks for best gaming headset overall for ALL platforms – PC or console.
- Extremely comfortable light weight headset with leatherette memory foam ear cups and extra set of velour ear cups
- Over-the Ear headphone with noise isolating ear cups and detachable microphone
- 53mm hifi capable drivers with 15-25khz frequency response
- Compatibility with PCs, notebooks, tablets, mobile phones, airplane adapters, and PS4 consoles
- Two year warranty
The HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset is extremely comfortable, very lightweight, easy to set up on the PS4 (or any gaming platform for that matter), and it provides ultra high-quality audio both for game and chat.
This isn’t just any headset, it’s one of the only sets of headphones to win multiple awards including honors for world-class headset design, a 9.0 review rating from IGN, a 4 out of 5 rating from PC World, and much more. In other words – it’s too good to pass up on.
While most of the reviews are in reference to PC usage, it’s still widely considered to be one of the best wired headsets ever made for the PS4. We believe it’s a top-notch model all-around and definitely worth a look if you’ve got $80 to drop.