A new year is just around the corner and that means a new array of games launching over the next few months. 2017 is set to be one of the greatest in gaming history with an eclectic mix of exciting titles releasing for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms.
Upcoming PS4 and Xbox One Games (2017)
Let’s take a peek at exactly what games will be available in 2017.
Today, we’re going to focus solely on games with confirmed release dates. While it’s still possible that some of these title may get pushed back by publishers or developers, they do have set dates which means they should be available on the designated date or very soon thereafter.
Game releases noted below are categorized by month.
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 (PS4) – 1/24
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4 & Xbox One) – 1/24
- Tales of Berseria (PS4) – 1/24
- Hitman: The Complete First Season (PS4 & Xbox One) – 1/31
- Digimon World: Next Order (PS4) – 1/31
The most notable titles here are, of course, the new Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil titles. There’s been a lot of anticipation for both. Fans of the Resident Evil franchise have, however, been weary of Biohazard due to previews making the game look much like a classic horror survival title rather than the horror FPS it has evolved into in latter years. Nevertheless, reception of the game seems relatively high thus far.
- Nioh (PS4) – 2/9
- For Honor (PS4 & Xbox One) – 2/14
- Sniper Elite 4 (PS4 & Xbox One) – 2/14
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) – 2/21
- LEGO Worlds (PS4 & Xbox One) – 2/24
- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) – 2/28
For Honor, an upcoming hack-and-slash title from Ubisoft, originally had a lot of positive feedback both after its initial announcement and following the first beta. Recently, though, the game has taken some flack due to the recent revelation that even the single-player campaign will require an always-online connection.
Halo Wars 2 is the sequel to Microsoft Studio’s Command and Conquer like RTS based on the Halo series. Dedicated fans are excited to see a new title for the franchise, but overall the release only ushers in a dull roar at best for most Xbox gamers.
Looking for PlayStation 4 titles you can enjoy with your significant other? Be sure to read our picks of the best PS4 games for couples to get some great ideas.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4 & Xbox One) – 3/7
- Dreamfall Chapters (PS4 & Xbox One) – 3/24
- MLB The Show 17 (PS4) – 3/28
March is rather lackluster in terms of releases with the exception of Ghost Recon Wildlands – a massive, open-world shooter from Ubisoft that has the potential of being an even bigger success than similar titles such as Tom Clancy’s The Division.
There’s a ton of hyper surrounding Wildlands, though, so Ubisoft will have to deliver an all-around solid title that retains gamer attention and plays smoothly in order for it to be a true success.
- Persona 5 (PS4) – 4/4
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 (PS4 & Xbox One) – 4/4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PS4 & Xbox One) – 4/7
- The Silver Case (PS4) – 4/18
- Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4) – 4/25
NOTE: Titles coming beyond April are not fully-confirmed as of yet. We will be adding to this list once publishers reveal official release dates for Xbox One and PS4 games coming in May and later in 2017.